EQS Group-News: Polyphor AG / Schlagwort(e): Konferenz
Polyphor announces two oral and six poster presentations plus a press conference at the 27th ECCMID Congress, Vienna
Dr Glenn Dale, Head of Early Development, Antimicrobials, Polyphor, and Dr Anouk Muller, Medical Microbiology, Medisch Centrum Haaglanden, The Hague, will give two oral presentations illustrating new data for Murepavadin (POL7080), a novel Pseudomonas specific antibiotic being developed for nosocomial pneumonia.
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of Murepavadin (POL7080) in neutropenic lung infection models
- Population pharmacokinetics of Murepavadin (POL7080) and Monte Carlo simulations to develop clinical dosing regimens, including the renally impaired
In addition, five poster presentations on Murepavadin (POL7080) and one on POL7001 will take place on Monday 24th April at 12.30- 13.30 CET, sessions PO063 and PO068.
- In vitro drug transporter interaction studies with the outer membrane protein targeting antibiotic Murepavadin (POL7080): Poster 2822
- Catabolism and Excretion of the Anti-Pseudomonal Peptidomimetic Murepavadin (POL7080) in Humans: Poster 2748
- Population pharmacokinetics modeling of Murepavadin (POL7080) and simulation of target attainment in a population with ventilator-associated pneumonia due to infection with Pseudomonas Aeruginosa: Poster 2729
- Pharmacokinetic and efficacy analysis of Murepavadin (POL7080) co-administered with standard-of-care (SoC) in a phase II study in patients with ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) due to suspected or documented Pseudomonas Aeruginosa infection: Poster 2720
- Pharmacokinetics of Murepavadin (POL7080) and amikacin in a drug‐drug interaction study in healthy subjects: Poster 2670
- POL7001 is highly efficacious in the murine neutropenic lung infection model: Poster 2708
Dr. Glenn Dale stated "We are pleased to have a significant presence at ECCMID, a prestigious congress. We look forward to sharing new data with our colleagues from across the globe and to demonstrate our commitment to addressing pseudomonas infections and antibiotic resistance, one of the most serious health threats of our time."
Polyphor is a clinical stage, privately held Swiss specialty pharma company, focused on the development of macrocycle drugs that address antibiotic resistance and severe respiratory diseases. The company's lead drug candidates include:
- Murepavadin (POL7080, in Phase II entering Phase III / Pivotal registration program), a precision Outer Membrane Protein Targeting Antibiotic (OMPTA) against Pseudomonas Aeruginosa.
- POL6014 (in Phase Ib), an inhaled inhibitor of neutrophil elastase for the treatment of cystic fibrosis and other severe lung diseases.
- Balixafortide (POL6326, in Phase Ib), an antagonist of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 for combination treatment in oncology.
Polyphor has discovered the OMPTA class and is further developing it, including a broad-spectrum preclinical candidate, to address infections caused by difficult-to-treat, resistant Gram-negative pathogens - one of the most pressing emerging medical needs. The OMPTA represent the first new class of antibiotics against Gram-negative bacteria reaching advanced clinical stage in the last 40 years.
In addition, Polyphor has an important activity of discovery technology partnerships to assist pharma companies in research programs addressing difficult targets through its proprietary macrocycle technology platform.
Polyphor has several industry partnerships with and financing from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics, Gilead Sciences, Novartis, Taisho and the Wellcome Trust.
Zusatzmaterial zur Meldung:
Dokumenttitel: Poyphor_ECCM Congress
Ende der Medienmitteilung